1. Clear site of all weeds and existing lawn varieties
• It is important no existing weeds or lawn is present, otherwise you risk it contaminating your new lawn.
• Spray the area with Roundup (or equivalent) at least 2 weeks before you lay your turf.
2. Prepare soil
• It is recommended to rotary hoe or dig the soil to a depth of 100mm, deeper if you can. This will allow a soft and accessible medium for the roots to establish.
• Then level the area with a rake or shovel.
• Before laying your turf apply a starter fertiliser or a layer of chicken manure pellets. Give the soil a light water to provide a moist base for your turf.
4. Lay your turf
• Finally – lay your new lawn, or talk to us about laying it for you. It is critical to get water on your lawn straight away, especially during the hot months.